what do you mean by: the LoginForm.java closes? do you mean that it's a JFrame that you want to disappear?
in that case, use eiter the hide() or dispose() method for the LoginForm frame, and show the new one

As I put the link, I have the LoginForm.java, which is not directly JFrame, but at the runtime, it creates a Form and asking for username and password,

and then I create a new Jframe Form, and named it DictionaryForm.java.

and in the LoginForm.java, if the username and password is correct it display a message, but I need it displays the DictionaryForm.java instead, and also the LoginForm.java should be closed.

I dont know what to do?

As I put the link, I have the LoginForm.java, which is not directly JFrame, but at the runtime, it creates a Form and asking for username and password,

and then I create a new Jframe Form, and named it DictionaryForm.java.

and in the LoginForm.java, if the username and password is correct it display a message, but I need it displays the DictionaryForm.java instead, and also the LoginForm.java should be closed.

I dont know what to do?

public class LoginForm extends JFrame

sure looks like a JFrame to me ..

what you can do (and I'm not saying it's the most elegant or efficiënt way, just got to work here :))

in the LoginForm.java, you add the line

this.dispose();

to that part of the if-structure where the login succeeds

on the place where you call the loginFrame, you check wether or not it is still "active", or "visible", or you place a trigger in your LoginFrame.java, right before the dispose(), and after this checks out, you call the DictionaryForm

well ... first tip, LoginForm is not supposed to be or contain your main method, it's a tool that's to be used, nothing more.

just put the main method in a new class and use that to call the LoginForm and the DictionaryForm.

when you've done that, re-read the posts above and put those thoughts into a bit of code.
for what I can see in the code you attached, you haven't tried to code it yet, so it's nothing but natural that it doesn't work yet :)

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.