See this is the awnser I was looking for THANK YOU +rep but how do i do this ?

This would require a data aquisition card, an instrumentational amplifier attached to a very sensitive inductor, and amplified so that the minute changes in electrical forces in the air generate a voltage of between 0 and 5V (a bit of knowledge of instrumentation would be required). A DAQ (data aquisition card) will have a built-in analog to digital converter, so if you just wire up this small amplified 'static sensor' to one of its inputs, it will store the value (from input 0-5V being output 0-4096) in a register. How you access this register depends on the DAQ setup, which can be an entire course on its own.

This is a pretty complex method to do a very simple task (generating a random number), and while it is possible it is pretty impractical. If you are new to programming, I would sugguest spending your time on other things.

this is retarded.

you won't get a reading from the free electrons in the air. you'll get a reading from the noise of the instrumentation pathway, which is deterministic.

now, i'm glad you're the hero of this 13-year-old's fantastical musings, but really, you ought to take your own advice about "spending your time on other things."

This would require a data aquisition card, an instrumentational amplifier attached to a very sensitive inductor, and amplified so that the minute changes in electrical forces in the air generate a voltage of between 0 and 5V (a bit of knowledge of instrumentation would be required). A DAQ (data aquisition card) will have a built-in analog to digital converter, so if you just wire up this small amplified 'static sensor' to one of its inputs, it will store the value (from input 0-5V being output 0-4096) in a register. How you access this register depends on the DAQ setup, which can be an entire course on its own.

This is a pretty complex method to do a very simple task (generating a random number), and while it is possible it is pretty impractical. If you are new to programming, I would sugguest spending your time on other things.

Ok so all I need now is the kit which probably will be in the physics/electronics/design and technology classrooms I'll ask my teacher Mr Stephenson if I can hope he says yes ! otherwise me and my father will build it at home.

this is retarded.

You're right, it's major overkill. But it's the only answer in this thread remotely close to what the OP asked.

@OP: If you really want to use a microphone (and you use windows) click here. Then just use the x-first bytes from the data you got and it will be another way to get a semi-random-number.

My personal favorite for a random number is the Mersenne twister. (Lot's of free implementations available)

You're right, it's major overkill. But it's the only answer in this thread remotely close to what the OP asked.

@OP: If you really want to use a microphone (and you use windows) click here. Then just use the x-first bytes from the data you got and it will be another way to get a semi-random-number.

My personal favorite for a random number is the Mersenne twister. (Lot's of free implementations available)

Perfect resopnce +rep this is SOLVED DANIWEB I LOVE YOU !!!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.