Member Avatar for vs49688

Hey,

I have created a small application that has music playing when you run it. currently the mp3 file being played is external to the application. I have included the file in a resource script and is compiled into the application, but how do I get FMOD to play it.

result = system->createStream( "theme.mp3" , FMOD_HARDWARE | FMOD_LOOP_NORMAL | FMOD_2D, 0, &sound);

This is the current code im using to play the mp3. In the resource script the mp3's id is IDR_MP31. So I changed "theme.mp3" to IDR_MP31 in hope it would play the compiled resource.

result = system->createStream( IDR_MP31 , FMOD_HARDWARE | FMOD_LOOP_NORMAL | FMOD_2D, 0, &sound);

But every time I get this error:

--------------------Configuration: engine - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
main.cpp
G:\Programming\engine\main.cpp(319) : error C2664: 'createStream' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const int' to 'const char *'
        Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
Error executing cl.exe.

engine.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

What can I do? This is really bugging me.
oh yea btw I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.

Thanks in advance.

vs49688

Generally you use the MAKEINTRESOURCE macro to convert the resource id. However, the createStream() probably isn't capable of playing a resource.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.