I'm trying to install java on my home laptop and it isn't working, i followed all the steps outlined by my lecturer but the javac filename isn't executing properly. Is it setup right by me?? In environmental variables

PATH = C:\jre1.6.0_07\bin;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\watcom-1.3\binnt;C:\watcom-1.3\binw;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\Bin;C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\Other Metrowerks Tools\Command Line Tools;C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\Win32-x86 Support\Libraries\Runtime\Libs\MSL_All-DLLs;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\

CLASSPATH = .;C:\C:\jre1.6.0_07\lib

Doesn't recognise javac command. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm trying to install java on my home laptop and it isn't working, i followed all the steps outlined by my lecturer but the javac filename isn't executing properly. Is it setup right by me?? In environmental variables

PATH = C:\jre1.6.0_07\bin;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\watcom-1.3\binnt;C:\watcom-1.3\binw;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\Bin;C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\Other Metrowerks Tools\Command Line Tools;C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\Win32-x86 Support\Libraries\Runtime\Libs\MSL_All-DLLs;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\

CLASSPATH = .;C:\C:\jre1.6.0_07\lib

Doesn't recognise javac command. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I could have missed it, but I don't see anything like this in your path above (path, not classpath):

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin

In Windows XP, go into Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> System Variables and edit "Path" so that the above is in there (make sure it's the same directory as what's above. if not, change it).

Click OK, get out of the Control Panel, then click a NEW command prompt (not one that was already opened) and try the javac command again.

commented: Excellent Thanks +2

Thanks a million, its working now!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.