i was wondering, is their any way to do something, say msgbox, when an exe is ended via the end process in the task manager? thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What do you mean by when an exe is ended ?

Do you mean if you have a VB application which was running, and is killed using task manager - you want that application to return an msgbox to the user saying it has ended?

I don't think that works as the "End Process" button kills the application dead, so it won't run the Form_Unload or Class_Terminate code to initialise the msgbox.
You would need to write something into the code and try it.

If you mean a separate application which monitors other executables, yes you possibly could, but you would need to look into window handles and stuff (google hWnd - I think thats the one if I remember right - you should find some stuff on that).

all right, thanks. i think im just gona' write a different program to monitor that one like you suggested. thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.