Working on a current project with these parameters and am not sure where to start. I am new to all of this and could use some input.

Use JAVA to build a sales commission application. In this application, the user enters a number in the SALES JoptionPane textbox. When the user clicks the OK button, the sales commission is calculated and displayed next to the "Commission" text. There is a staggered range of commissions, as follows:

0 - 1500 - 15% commission

1501 - 10,000 - 20% commission

10,001 - 25,000 - 25% commission

25,001 - 50,000 - 30% commission

above 50,000 - 50% commission

You may format your output anyway you would like be sure it is well structured and your program is commented and documented thoroughly

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You start with a text editor.

Now, do you have an actual question? Or are you just looking for someone to do this for you?

import javax.swing.JOptionPane;

public class Comm {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        new Comm();
    }
    public Comm() {
        int num=Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog(null));
        double commission=0;
            if(num>0 && num<=1500) commission=num * 0.15;
            else if (num>1500 && num<=10000) commission=num * 0.2;
            else if (num>1001 && num<=25000) commission=num * 0.25;
            else if (num>25001 && num<=50000) commission=num * 0.3;
            else if (num>50000) commission=num * 0.5;
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,"commision= "+commission);
    }
}
commented: Don't do other's work for them. It does not help them. What do they learn this way? -3

Actually I was also facing same problem.
Thanks a lot guyz.

SNIP

Well, hopefully, the both of you are at least competent enough to comment and document it. By doing that you might just get some sort of inkling of what was done. Don't really know if I'd count on it though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.