Hi u all!!!

I have a website, dedicated to beauty products for women, ok? Sometime ago a friend of mine told me "hey! why don´t you send that info through MSN?". I liked that, so I downloaded an autoresponder code from here:

http://nayyeri.net/blog/auto-responder-add-in-for-windows-live-messenger/

So I simply added this routine to get search results from my site:

public string ConsultarSitio()
        {   string reader = "";
            string search = "[the received message text goes here]";
            string url = "[the URL of my website search page]?query="+ search;
            try            
            {
                WebPermission pWeb = new WebPermission(NetworkAccess.Connect, url);
                SecurityPermission pSec = new SecurityPermission(SecurityPermissionFlag.AllFlags);
                PermissionSet set = new PermissionSet(PermissionState.None);
                set.AddPermission(pWeb);
                set.AddPermission(pSec);
                set.Assert();
                HttpWebRequest URLReq = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);                
                URLReq.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
                URLReq.AuthenticationLevel = System.Net.Security.AuthenticationLevel.None;
                URLReq.AllowAutoRedirect = true;
                URLReq.Timeout = 60000;                
                HttpWebResponse URLRes = (HttpWebResponse)URLReq.GetResponse();                
                Encoding enc = Encoding.GetEncoding(1252); 
                StreamReader sStream =   new StreamReader(URLRes.GetResponseStream(), enc);            
                reader = sStream.ReadToEnd();                
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                reader = ex.Message ;
            }                       
            return (reader);                
        }

So when somebody asks for some product, the addin (working on one of my pcs) do a search on my site, get the results and send ´em in response as plain text.

Well, instead of that, all I get is this:

"Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed."

I read about gacutil, regasm, caspol, trust zones, trusted assembly, security zones...... but don´t have a clue where to start to get rid of this thing, really.

Any help is truly appreciated

Txs in adv

Ariel

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Did you search on this error as it's?

Did you search on this error as it's?

Yes, but I got a bunch of lies, I tried the most, but maybe there´s something I´m missing, I´m really dissapointed at this time buaaa
Glad you wrote!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.