I am creating a mobile game using Netbeans IDE 6.0.1 but I have a problem adding new configuration I get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.netbeans.modules.mobility.project.ui.customizer.NewConfigurationPanel.isValid(NewConfigurationPanel.java:198)
at java.awt.Component.invalidateIfValid(Component.java:2740)
at java.awt.Component.setLocale(Component.java:1810)
at javax.swing.JComponent.<init>(JComponent.java:595)
at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:65)
at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:92)
at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:100)
at org.netbeans.modules.mobility.project.ui.customizer.NewConfigurationPanel.<init>(NewConfigurationPanel.java:96)
at org.netbeans.modules.mobility.project.ui.customizer.J2MECustomizer.run(J2MECustomizer.java:304)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:561)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:986)

anyone know what this means thnx.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It seems it was know bug from release of NetBeans 6. Try to update your NetBeans to latest version 6.5 and see if you still getting this error

Thanks peter_budo for your reply, is there no way of getting this error fixed without installing NetBeans 6.5

Either upgrade or not using that method of the class and try to work around. Sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.