Hi every One

I am using FormView which is bound to EntityDataSource (VS 2008).

It is working Correctly when I Add data manually

But I want to add Dropdownlist which is bounded to another table Its Selected Value should be inserted in Database (Orginal Table of EntityDatasource).

How I accomblish this task

Recommended Answers

Dear,

Your problem is to bind the DropdownList control instead of regular Text or Label control. Isn't it?

Jump to Post

Don't forget to bind the DropDownList's selectedvalue property to the EntityDataSource.

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

Dear,

Your problem is to bind the DropdownList control instead of regular Text or Label control. Isn't it?

I have replaced textbox with Dropdownlist and also bind the dropdownlist with an other entitydatasource. Now my problem is that When I click the insert button, The selected value of Drpdownlist should also be save in db.

Don't forget to bind the DropDownList's selectedvalue property to the EntityDataSource.

Thanks
I have set. It is working
Problem is that When I insert data It through exception Primary Key Deos not allow null. Primary Key field is of GUID type. How I can provide a new GUID to Label Control in FormView

adatapost>Use the System.Guid class. The following code will help you.

SqlConnection cn = new SqlConnection(@"Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=c:\csnet\sample1\App_Data\Database.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True");
        SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("insert into emp values (@p1,@p2)", cn);
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@p1", SqlDbType.UniqueIdentifier, 32, "eno");
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@p2", SqlDbType.VarChar, 50, "ename");

Guid g=Guid.NewGuid();

cmd.Parameters[0].Value = g;  // GUID
        cmd.Parameters[1].Value = "R";

cn.Open();
        cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
        cn.Close();
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.