hey I have been looking up shapes in c++ but everyone talks about needing certain compilers and #includes but i don't have those compilers i have just been using the standard Microsoft visual studio at my school i think and my teacher has just asked us to create different shapes.
should i just use characters?
and if i should are there any good tutorials

Thank you

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ancient Dragon

That compiler can build GUI programs in which you can draw circles, rectangles, and other graphic shapes. Does your teacher expect graphic shapes or text shapes ? Are you in a first year programming class ? If yes, then I suspect your teacher only expects text shapes because graphic shapes are more advanced topic.

That compiler can build GUI programs in which you can draw circles, rectangles, and other graphic shapes. Does your teacher expect graphic shapes or text shapes ? Are you in a first year programming class ? If yes, then I suspect your teacher only expects text shapes because graphic shapes are more advanced topic.

yes this is my first year in c++ and i dont think he wants a gui just a way to chose shapes and display them.
and by text shapes you mean shapes created by ***** or by letters ooooo?

yes, a triangle could be displayed like this:

X
   XX
  XXXX

end quote.

is there another way like in java i remember that you could import graphics and use what they had, is there something similar in c++
or is it too complicated ?

Edited by mike_2000_17: Fixed formatting

its too complicated for you yet. Its something that can not be done easily in c++ -- VB is actually a better and easier language for graphics, but that's not the course you are taking.

Here is a tutorial if you want to get your feet wet.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.