I am using the following code to show existing C# forms. It works for some and not for others Suggestions would be appreciated!
Form frmFDDsearch = new frmFDDsearch();
frmFDDsearch.Show();

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I am using the following code to show existing C# forms. It works for some and not for others Suggestions would be appreciated!
frmFDDsearch.Show();

you have to use not the generic Form class, you have to use your own form class which could be Form1, Form2 or any name that you have given to your own form.

I assume frmFDDsearch is a class derived from the Form class.
Then do the following:
frmFDDsearch S= new frmFDDsearch();
S.Show();

so it will be like

frmFDDsearch  frm = new frmFDDsearch();
frm.show();

I assume frmFDDsearch is a class derived from the Form class.
Then do the following:
frmFDDsearch S= new frmFDDsearch();
S.Show();

this is what i call "concurrency conflict" :)

To say the least;)
Btw. your Show is not with a capital letter. C# is case sensitive.
I suspect you from watching while I was typing my post and you were so eager to get yours more quicly done, you made a typo!:D

you reply to easy posts, try my threads if you dare enough :)

You are insulting the OP.
I reply to posts that are within my knowledge scope.
I'm just starting to learn C#, I even learn from the answers I can give to others.

no i am not insulting anyone. everyday i learn more, but it doesnt change anything in my attitude. i just learn there are a lot to learn.
the more you know, the more you know that you dont know..

Don't change your attitude!

i just learn there are a lot to learn

Learn:
i just learnt there are a lot of things to learn
i just learnt there is a lot to learn
Don't worry, I once started to learn Turkish, now if we talk heavy THAT is heavy! So I gave up:icon_redface:
But I think your name could be more correctly pronounced as tsjerkan or am I wrong?

thank you for correcting my english. i started to use my right brain lobe when speaking english, so it is less logical but more native :)
about my name, dont worry my last name is worse :)

frmFDDsearch.Show();

Undoubtedly, frmFDDsearch is a sub-class of Form class.
You can't access those methods which are defined in frmFDDsearch class.

commented: you take advantage of Daniweb's solved threads system -1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.