Hi all , I have decided to use java applets and java servlets regarding creating a form.(because I don't know other langauages except java)

guys the scenario is like this , visitors will enter to website, surfing it and then they will enter to feedback form , they have to fill it and click submit .

The four points I don't understand are
1) may I create the form in java applet
2) if I create the form using java applet, so this java applet program must be reside on client or server
3) if it is reside on client how can I do that we have many clients(Millions of them)
4) if it is on server how can I install it to server and make it run when visitor enter the URL for feed back form

please help me and answer my questions because I really don't understand the communication between java applet and servlets

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Applets for simple data collection from form are overkill as masijade already mentioned in reply to your other post.

Your problem is regarding to the Web so your post should be moved to Jsp forum.

However you said:
>may I create the form in java applet
Yes you may. ShowDocument method will be used.
>if I create the form using java applet, so this java applet program must be reside on client or server

Both, applets and servlets are hosted by the server but applets are delivered to the web-browsers (clients) when they are requested and executed on client machine.

Servlet are invoked, exeuted, and destroyed by the server (container).

> if it is reside on client how can I do that we have many clients(Millions of them)
Both, applets & servlets are located at server side. In fact, applets are embeded into web documents(html/jsp or any other web page). when browser request this web page; applets classes are downloaded at client machine and then get executed by java virtual machine.

>if it is on server how can I install it to server and make it run when visitor enter the URL for feed back form
You may look for apache-tomcat, glass-fish, jboss.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.