Ok i have not started programming at all but wanted some answers first is pearl the easiest programming language ?? also if it is what is a god book to learn it from. If it is not then what is one of the easier languages to learn ???

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Java. OOP == good. you need to do some more research on the topic

There is no pearl language but there is perl. Is it the easiest? No. There are plenty of perl books, you want "Learning Perl" the newest edition. Search for it on amazon.com

The easiest language to learn might be BASIC, but I have no idea what you would use it for.

Ok i have not started programming at all but wanted some answers first is pearl the easiest programming language ?? also if it is what is a god book to learn it from. If it is not then what is one of the easier languages to learn ???

Alright, to start with, you sure are a newbie, because you post about pearl in a perl forum. Pearl means "Process and Experiment Automation Realtime Language", which is probably not what you want.

I personally started to do perl to get away from the overly structured languages like C++ and Delphi just for fun and I wanted to do something really dirty for a change. I then noticed, perl is one of the greatest programming languages ever conceived. You can do great things with very little code and still maintain very readable structures.

However, perl is probably not very easy, at least if you want to use everything it has to offer. If you are careful and follow a programming course, it should qualify as good as any language to begin with. As a bonus, perl brings lots of very good documentation along, available through the perldoc command. You have everything there, no need for a book.

Real beginner's languages are basic and pascal (as long as you swear to use basic only for learning). I am not so good on books, because I dig myself into anything without books anyway. Suggestions anyone?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.