sir
i want to convert number in word format like 456 into "four hundread fifty six" .plz help me to make this program.my id is
thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I've ever created such a program, but i'm not sure if i've deleted it. I created it with a couple of switch statements that convert single digits into words. This is quite tedious, but i really can't think of any better way of doing it.

Start with this

char *Units [] = {"One","Two","Three","Four","Five","Six","Seven","Eight","Nine"};
char *Teen [] = {"Eleven","Twelve","Thirteen","Fourteen","Fifteen","Sixteen","Seventeen","Eighteen","Nineteen"};
char *Tens [] = {"Ten","Twenty","Thirty","Fourty","Fifty","Sixty","Seventy","Eighty","Ninety"};

After you get your input cycle through all the characters and determine which string corresponds to the numeric input.

I already have this program done in it's entirety as part of a check writing application, so just get started and I'll help you along.

I've posted a reply to this question that has proven useful to others before. Maybe you can get some ideas from it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.