Hi guys,

Has someone measured how many lines of code (approx) she/he produces daily? NLoc utility or OxyProject Metrics help in counting number of lines.

Thanks!

hmmm, why should I do that, we take salaries based on number of tasks we do neither number of hours nor number of lines of code :D

Comments
Could not have said it better.

I agree with danny and ramy -- but I wanted to track that at one time. There is a plugin for CVS/concurrent version control that generates reports based on number of lines changed or added. I use svn and the SVN developers think that feature is meaningless and bloats the software package so they do not include anything like this.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=cvs%20report%20lines%20of%20code&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Other than that I do not know. Even with CVS you commit to the repository when a task has been completed, not when you are heading out the door so you can track progress.

Far away the subject, I fall in love with SVN ;)

I love svn too, it has made life so much easier! Do you use an plugins or other svn related utilities? I use websvn + trac for a front end ticketing system and Tortoise SVN as my windows client to commit code.

I too think counting how many lines you create/change in a program... I'm quite the novice programmer but I've completly recoded an entire app of nearly 6000 lines of code in about 6 hours... I guess it all depends on:
1. How fast you can type(Sort of, one may use the auto-complete feature in VS 2008 which one should!)
2. How well you know the programming language and how well you know how everything works...

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.