Hi all,

I have one windows service made in C#. I want My service to create CSV file every two minutes... but it should overwrite the existing file every two minutes. but whenever I try - it says file is already open - while I am sure that file is processed during those elapsed two minutes.. How do i programmatically close the file or overwrite the same. My file creation is through windows utility CSVDE (so have no control over creation except for the time and name!)

please suggest, thanks,
Jeet

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Look; as it's blackbox tool and you don't know how to handle its operations on file, try to do it manually (I think you query on Active Directory) or try to use files created by CSVDE as intermediate stage and read from them and write in another files using System.IO

Look; as it's blackbox tool and you don't know how to handle its operations on file, try to do it manually (I think you query on Active Directory) or try to use files created by CSVDE as intermediate stage and read from them and write in another files using System.IO

thanks Ramy, yes I am operating upon Active Directory data - every two minutes I need updated Active Directory data - CSVDE works fine. thanks for your suggestion but in that manual process - for chunk of data my elapsed time goes higher... well, let me see!

thanks
Jeet

As long as we don't know how CSVDE works with files (try to read in it you may need to write couples of lines of code to let it close the file, hmmm I don't know) I wish for you the best of luck

Hi all,

came across to wonderful code...now i am allowing to create files and deleting archieves!

protected void CleanImageFolder()
{
    string imgFolder = Server.MapPath("~/lab/maskemail/img/");
    string[] imgList = Directory.GetFiles(imgFolder, "*.jpg");
    foreach (string img in imgList)
    {
        FileInfo imgInfo = new FileInfo(img);
        if (imgInfo.LastWriteTime < DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(-3))
        {
            imgInfo.Delete();
        }
    }
}

thanks
Jeet

Nice, mark it as solved then :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.