Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dream2code

Will, I'd personally open 2 sample files for all three types in a hex editor, and see if I can find the propery values in them and try and find a pattern to where they are located. After that I would write a program to open the file up, index the those locations and extract the data. There also may be some kind of font api out there. Why not do a quick google search? Hey, look at the first result!

Hi, Hiroshe,

I am honestly thankful & grateful to your very--EXTRA--quick reply to my thread. I have actually done before what you are suggesting me. My code succeeded in some font files but it failed in other font files. Ain't there a standard font header structure that we can use to obtain the information we want? For example, there is a BITMAPFILEHEADER or BITMAPCOREHEADER for obtaining a bitmap information from a bitmap file.

One request to you, while asking for any help reagarding coding
please mention the ENVIRONMENT and COMPILER you are using.]

Unless of couse your writting portible (and standard) code that should run on any compiler/OS. :)

Unless of couse your writting portible (and standard) code that should run on any compiler/OS. :)

But that's rarely the case, especially with newbe programs. And IMHO its always a good idea to mention them in any case.

Votes + Comments
Can't argue with that

In Different environments different API's are there.
It's quite difficult to do read fonts and all core C.That's what i meant.

Basically we need to understand the file format.If we can get this this it's done.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.