Is it correct to say that you can create a DLL which contains an abstract class that each programmer must declare instances of to keep segragated code working independently of eachothers progress???

I understand that most forums don't allow their users to delete their threads, so dont mind the Judge Judy attitude.

Oh, can you elaborate on your answer please.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

... do you define an interface, then write the implementation to a DLL, then pass the DLL around, then...

I can't figure out how to allow each programmer of a "team" to work together without causing a revolution every time something in the code changes. I know to a high degree that the interface will not go through many if one changes. But I still have a missing link somewhere.

Okay, so I think I figured out that you do change the DLL, and load/reload it into the program.

... Help Me ... I need engineering advice please ...

You mean you want help on how to keep your team members happy and still be able to develop the DLL?

>>do you define an interface, then write the implementation to a DLL, then pass the DLL around, then.
Basically, yes that's the way to do it. But it doesn't mean that DLLs can not be changed once it has been passed around. The programmer who is responsible for developing the DLL should do it on his/her own computer until its ready for release to other team members. The fundamental DLL interfaces should now change from one release to another so that other team members do not have to rewrite their code, unless you want a mutiny on your hands.

If there are lots of project changes during working hours then schedule nightly command-line builds so that all team members have updated programs, libraries, and DLLs the next duty day.

I believe that I understand.

.. ironic that your Q Title contains a Spelling Error !
GrammAr !

Ancient Dragon: You mean you want help on how to keep your team members happy and still be able to develop the DLL?

Yes Sir.

Ancient Dragon: ...nightly command-line builds...

Sir? I will look into this. Help is much Appreciated

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.