Hello everyone. Can we ask about how we could mark the attribute of the entity as PF because the only thing we knew is the PK. Thanks in advance.
Your reply will be a great help to us! ^_^

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What is PF?
I would also appreciate to know what the term PF means...

What is PF?
I would also appreciate to know what the term PF means...

Im not sure what PF means but I guess it means Primary Function since PK means Primary Key...
Please help us! :'(

Hi

PK is short for Primary Key and is data attributes that uniquely identify an entity.

FK is short for Foreign Key and is a reference to the primary key of another entity.

PF is short for Primary Foreign Key, and when a foreign key of an entity also is a part of the primary key the attribute will be indicated with 'PF' behind its name.

PLEASE :) try to Google before posting so you at least know what you are asking about.. Otherwise the result can be answers that is wrong because people do not really understand what you mean. And how can they if you do not know that yourself:?

Here you have a quick Introduction to database design:
http://www.datanamic.com/support/lt-dez005-introduction-db-modeling.html

I Goggled on "the attribute of the entity as PF or PK" and this link above was the second link from the top on the first page. ;)

Good luck =)

Hi

PK is short for Primary Key and is data attributes that uniquely identify an entity.

FK is short for Foreign Key and is a reference to the primary key of another entity.

PF is short for Primary Foreign Key, and when a foreign key of an entity also is a part of the primary key the attribute will be indicated with 'PF' behind its name.

PLEASE :) try to Google before posting so you at least know what you are asking about.. Otherwise the result can be answers that is wrong because people do not really understand what you mean. And how can they if you do not know that yourself:?

Here you have a quick Introduction to database design:
http://www.datanamic.com/support/lt-dez005-introduction-db-modeling.html

I Goggled on "the attribute of the entity as PF or PK" and this link above was the second link from the top on the first page. ;)

Good luck =)

Well,thanks a lot for the advice. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.