hello all,

How to get all the opened windows reference in java.

Actually, my req is like.... user will set (fix) the cordinates of all the opened desktop windows (application). And he will use a timer to switching of all the open windows, so that at one particular time user's desktop will show say 3 opened windows and after time elapsed another set of opened windows will get displayed to the users desktop.

this is like creation of slides of opened windows (application).

Can we do in java?

Please help

Thanks,
Sunny

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I doubt this is possible without the use of JNI, simply because I don't believe that Java has a method to encapsulate other application's windows as a Java Window object (could be wrong though).

Maybe I'm not sure what you are saying.

But image that you created a bunch of private JFrames in Java. Would you expect other applications to be able to get the references to those JFrames?

I doubt this is possible without the use of JNI, simply because I don't believe that Java has a method to encapsulate other application's windows as a Java Window object (could be wrong though).

----------------------------------------------

hi,
can u provide me some Windows API which can be used to solve this.

Thanks
Sunny

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.