Good Morning
I am seeking some general guidelines to present a proposed project to a Client. The Client is expecting a meeting on Tuesday the 11th. I am just trying to give the client an overview and introduction to what his needs are.
I would like to get a little insight into what is best. As I have until Tuesday to do this and I am going to work Saturday, Sunday and Monday as well as Tuesday morning to put my best foot forward.
I would like some input on the following:
• Just for the presentation Access or C# (just the tables and a few forms)
• Should I present a contract or an outline of a contract to show seriousness? (on both parties parts)
• What type of outline of the overall project goals
• My present outline is
Situation
Objective
Methodology
Qualifications
Benefits
Cost

Power point presentation (yes or no)
Formal Folder for presentation(yes or no)
I am seeking to find what are the current BEST PRACTICES for Business Analysts Project presentations.
Any good books on this available?
Etc. Etc.
I have to balance between the technical (database design) and presentation to win over Client….
I would appreciate any Positive and or Helpful input, as in Positive Spirited.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What size is this project? I win bids for small-mid sized projects all the time because people send out on 11 page proposal with all this technical garble nobody understands. I keep programming, layering, data access, etc out. I wouldn't even mentioned C#, just .NET.

However if it is a large project .. a power point may be in order as a backup. You can't rely on the fact the client has a projector and it will work on the day you present. Always have paper

What size is this project? I win bids for small-mid sized projects all the time because people send out on 11 page proposal with all this technical garble nobody understands. I keep programming, layering, data access, etc out. I wouldn't even mentioned C#, just .NET.

However if it is a large project .. a power point may be in order as a backup. You can't rely on the fact the client has a projector and it will work on the day you present. Always have paper

Would you share what it is that you present to win those small / Med projects? Just an overview would be helpful...

Ehhh.. Sorry about that but you're likely my competition so I can't very well give that out :P

I will give you advice (my opinion, for what its worth) on what you decide though

IF you are in the Orlando area, I could be, but I don't think you are down here.....Thanks, I appreciate your bluntness....GOOD LUCK

Wearing sandals, swim trunks, and a t-shirt with Einstein on it are big attention getters for these meetings!

First impressions are everything. Even if the client dresses down like that, you don't. Business suit, professional looking folder or brief case. If you don't have a coat don't sweat it. But a good silk tie. Not power, or hypnotic or cartoon print, but professional!

A simple zipper leather looking case about the size of a 1" binder would work. Empty folder appears cheap. You don't want to overdress as that will make you appear out of their league or too expensive.

Good handshakes, direct eye contact. You have the weekend, read a book on good interview tecniques!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.