I've been unable to get to it for the last hour or so.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for sravan953

Yeah I probably think so, because I too couldn't get onto the site!

P.S: Maybe python.org was also a victim of a DoS attack joining the leagues of Twitter, LiveJournal and Facebook?

Most likely maintenance time, those are scheduled most often on weekends.

I tried last night (about 12 hours ago) and it was down then. It is still down this morning. It is hosted in the Netherlands, so I doubt it's connected to the Twitter/Facebook stuff. I also Googled for mirrors, but Python doesn't host mirrors anymore. Too bad.

Of course this is the weekend that I was going to install 3.X and start converting. I could use Active State's version, but I think I'll wait until python.org comes back up.

Yeah and I am all excited and ready to embed python in my C++ app after seeing how easy it looks. C'est la vie.

I've been unable to get to it for the last hour or so.

This is a great site to keep in mind when you're posed with this question in the future...

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com

commented: Ah, i love that site! +4

This is a great site to keep in mind when you're posed with this question in the future...

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com

Dang, what a good idea! Nothing more than a handful of PHP lines.

Anyway... looks like python.org is back up.

Well, Python.org is back on and we all solved this problem ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.