Hi, I've been thinking of ways of creating an application that involves working with data, what would be the best way to accomplish this?

With the JavaDB, MySQL or plain text files? The project is fairly simple, the idea at least. It's a set of records for students, each student has a record of activities they've done during the period of say 4 years, daily activities. I need a way for them to keep record of the things they've done, and if possible transfer this records if they decide to deploy the application onto another computer. If I were to use JavaDB, would it be dificult to port the app? What would be the best way to approach this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Plain text is OK if you looking for management of small amount of data and not necessary structured/organized. For the above task database would be suitable and I would go for serverless/embedded database like JavaDB, HSQLDB or SQLite then MySQL that need server installation as it gives you mobility

Sounds good, I'll go ahead and start with MySQL, I have experience with it from my PHP projects. Thanks for the input

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.