Anyone know a good, simple set of classes to do thing like cartesian to spherical conversion, coordinate system transformations, etc? I wrote some of this stuff, but my code keeps breaking because of "special cases" that I have not handled. I just want to be able to use this stuff and not worry about it.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Anyone know a good, simple set of classes to do thing like cartesian to spherical conversion, coordinate system transformations, etc? I wrote some of this stuff, but my code keeps breaking because of "special cases" that I have not handled. I just want to be able to use this stuff and not worry about it.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

Google boost, it has a lot of strange, specific, and neat things packed into it.

Sorry I am not sure that boost has anything that you really want.

But the Gnu scientific library, has the structure for coordinate transforms (all the matrix stuff + differentuals). And the octave library, (which needs a little care to extract)
has a host of coordinate transforms.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.