Before i thought all i had to do was add graphics on the background of the panels.
http://blogfriendlyzone.webs.com/WheelOfFortune/WheelOfFortune.html
But now when i look at, i think it would need more than graphic background to give it more of a professional look to it so that people would want to play it?

Why does panels have to be squares only?

How can i make my game look flashier and cooler besides trying to add graphics as background to cover those ugly colours?

I know maybe i can try to look for some beautiful buttons for the each player buttons but the rest would still looks ugly.

Also, i know i can resize the frame to fit in the window but that's not my concern yet. My concern is that it can't look good.

JAVA GUI is too plain. Is this just the way is? Then i am not sure why i bother making games with JAVA?

Or what should i do instead of JAVA?

Before i thought all i had to do was add graphics on the background of the panels.
http://blogfriendlyzone.webs.com/WheelOfFortune/WheelOfFortune.html
But now when i look at, i think it would need more than graphic background to give it more of a professional look to it so that people would want to play it?

Why does panels have to be squares only?

How can i make my game look flashier and cooler besides trying to add graphics as background to cover those ugly colours?

I know maybe i can try to look for some beautiful buttons for the each player buttons but the rest would still looks ugly.

Also, i know i can resize the frame to fit in the window but that's not my concern yet. My concern is that it can't look good.

JAVA GUI is too plain. Is this just the way is? Then i am not sure why i bother making games with JAVA?

Or what should i do instead of JAVA?

So you programmed the applet in the link? Who says panels can only be squares? Make them any dimensions you want. You can make all sorts of GUIs in Java, using all sorts of Graphics. The sky, your skill level, and your creativity is the limit. Google "java game applets" and see what's out there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.