I'm trying to open a usb webcam via Python.

Can anyone give me a hint how to do that?

Thanks,
Shawn

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Thanks for the link, but no need for the implied snootiness.
Of COURSE I Googled for an answer, and if I'd found the link that Your search found, I wouldn't have come here for an answer, would I?

commented: You're probably here because you're to lazy to look at any of the links google gave you. -6

> but no need for the implied snootiness.
As opposed to the explicit laziness of your original post.

> Can anyone give me a hint how to do that?
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#prune
Your only other line of substance was just your thread title with the word "python" thrown in there.
This too was similarly useless as you posted on the python forum (boy, that was a lucky shot of yours, you could so easily have landed up on the malware forum for all the skill you have).

> Of COURSE I Googled for an answer
And we knew that because....?

> and if I'd found the link that Your search found,
You mean like googling for sensible keywords rather than say "find free games" and then wondering why none of the links are relevant to immediate questions.

> I wouldn't have come here for an answer, would I?
You really need to work on these questions you keep asking.

Besides, you said you wanted a "hint", not an "answer".
You wanted a hint, I gave you a hint - based on the utter lack of information you provided (the effort I put into my answer was the same as you put into your question. TBH, it wasn't worth answering, that's how bad it was). If you want better hints, ask a better question!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.