mattyd 89 Posting Maven Featured Poster

Languages: There are so many, and so many are just not right-- but does that matter? These and all coding languages amount to elitist, competitive shells easily brought down to a command-line yelling in binary. The aim is the same, the results the same, but the tongue speaking the output different. Python, C++, Lisp? I could care less-- please just tell me which one is deeper, faster, and the easiest to use for the job? Oh, and which one is the prettiest to look out for hours on end?

I build a castle of stone and realize too late that I used the worst rock available and when it rains it seeps, and these walls let in ghastly amounts of cold air. What do I do? Tear it down and start over using the right stone and perhaps preserve some of the adornments, gargoyles, and ramming stones (elements of the old code if it will mesh smartly) and reuse what I can. If not, drop the worthless slabs into the bay and mine somewhere else. Know when to cut losses and run into the arms of a better quarry.

We all have a library of biases towards or against particular languages, apps, hardware, etc-- it has always been that way, but please do not swear that my choice is incorrect just because less books exist on the subject or not enough servers yet serve their masters in this doctrine. That is just Draconian.