Hello I come to you today with a question i have not been able to find answer to this anywhere on the internet.

I want to be able to send an Email through a Gmail account Using C++. And i cannot be persuaded to move to a different language to accomplish my goal.

All help will be enormously gratifying.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

> And i cannot be persuaded to move to a different language to accomplish my goal.
Why not?
Being good at s/w is being able to recognise the best tool for the job.

There's probably a dozen RFCs you have to wade through if you insist on doing it all yourself from scratch.

It's your choice, but don't expect to be able to find a handy solution you can crib from, nor expect to be finished any time soon.

i am working on a project and i am mostly the way through it already but the only thing i need to know is how to email in C++ i am not going to disclose any information about the product because it will hopefully bring me a good amount of money it was all going well until i hit this brick wall. Please dont judge me i just need this one thing.

I am not sure about my solution but I can give you one direction to look for. Actually I tried earlier but I was not able complete that.

You can check any web services offered by google gmail. If web-service is available then you can generate c++ code using gsoap tool and send request to gmail server for sending mails.

thank you i will have try that out i will reply whether it worked or not when i get the chance

Hi

I was just wondering if you can use code that supports POP3. It might be easier to find that on the web. If I am right I think gmail supports POP3. I did some c++ code long time ago to send emails through POP3 with SMTP. Not sure if I can dig it up but you might want to consider POP3 and SMTP in your research.

Regards, Hrafnkell

Why can't you just write the email call from a more suitable language and invoke it from your existing c++ code? Basically make a nice little API for yourself?

What's the big deal? If you just use a library, it's easy. [link]
This worked perfectly for me, and there's plenty more out there.

thank you this library will be very helpful to me i will try it out and IF it works this will be solved

hi, I know this thread is very old,I came here to dig the thread,
and I want to acknowledge all that link is now not working.
Please be kind enough to update that link again .

hi, I know this thread is very old,I came here to dig the thread,
and I want to acknowledge all that link is now not working.
Please be kind enough to update that link again .

Behold: The amazing powers of "Google" -> Click. :icon_wink:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.