Hi,

Does anyone know about any Java based API for communication in NDM (Network Data Mover, nowalso known as Connect : Direct). Please suggest.

Regards.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

As alludded to here, have you tried Google, yet? And if so, what did you try?

Also, do you mean "Network Data Model" (which is what most people understand behind the abbreviation NDM)? Try Googling that.

As alludded to here, have you tried Google, yet? And if so, what did you try?

Also, do you mean "Network Data Model" (which is what most people understand behind the abbreviation NDM)? Try Googling that.

Hello Masijade,

Yes, I tried to google about network data mover. I am not too sure whether network data model is similar to or exactly same with network data model. As far as R & D is concerned, I did try for particular objective for which I am looking for (network data mover only). I need to use data transfer application using Java API. I got reference of connect : direct (NDM). But i didn't get much for which I am looking. Thank you very much Masijade for the suggestion. I will ask you again if I need anything in JAVA.

Regards.

And, what, exactly, is "connect : direct (NDM)"? What do you mean by "I got reference of connect : direct (NDM)."?

If you don't know anything about what you're looking for, we can't help you much.

And, what, exactly, is "connect : direct (NDM)"? What do you mean by "I got reference of connect : direct (NDM)."?

If you don't know anything about what you're looking for, we can't help you much.

Connect : Direct is now known as Network data mover. I am looking for JAVA API for NDM protocol. NDM aka Network data mover is a protocol which is used for the transmission like many web services use FTP etc.
Network Data Mover (NDM) / Connect Direct is a transmission protocol used to process and communicate information between Access Customers (ACs) and Access Providers (APs). It offers your company a method to send/receive your data in sets of batch transmissions. Companies can send/receive information via Connect: Direct multiple times. Thank you very much for the response. Please do let me know if you have got any reference about this.

Regards.

I assume then that this "Connect : Direct (Network data mover)" is a specific product? If so, what is the link from which you got the info above?

I have the feeling though, that if this is a specific product, and google is not able to find a "free" Java API for it (Google "Java API NDM Network data mover" and/or "Java API Connect Direct") that there isn't any, and you will have to go to the company that produces this product and ask them if they have any (and then, probably, buy it).

Also, if it is a specific product, then I must assume you have some interaction with it already, and so already have the product, so you should be able to get any Java API they have at no additional cost.

If not, all you can do is sit down with a network sniffer and attempt to snoop out the protocol and implement it yourself.

I assume then that this "Connect : Direct (Network data mover)" is a specific product? If so, what is the link from which you got the info above?

I have the feeling though, that if this is a specific product, and google is not able to find a "free" Java API for it (Google "Java API NDM Network data mover" and/or "Java API Connect Direct") that there isn't any, and you will have to go to the company that produces this product and ask them if they have any (and then, probably, buy it).

Also, if it is a specific product, then I must assume you have some interaction with it already, and so already have the product, so you should be able to get any Java API they have at no additional cost.

If not, all you can do is sit down with a network sniffer and attempt to snoop out the protocol and implement it yourself.

Thank you very much.

regards.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.