Hi folks. I inherited an FTP program from a colleague that left the team so i have to do C++ programming now. The problem is that the FTP program throws up winsock errors. the FTP skips these errors but after a while it terminates the program. So I writing another prgram that monitors the FTP process. When it starts the Send/Receive process i write to an inifile the date and process=1 and at end of process i write date and process=0. in the monitor program i read the inifile the process and date, if process = 1 and date <10 minutes old the forcibly temainate the FTP program, if process = 0 then terminate every 30 minutes.

The problem i have is that i cant seem to get the time difference in minutes when i read from the inifile, ie diff.
the other problem i have is that i donot know the commands ion C++ to terminate and start the exe of the FTP program

I am a total newbie to C++ so any assistance you'll can provide is greatly appreciated. Here is the code of the part where i calculate the time difference. :

TIniFile* IniFileB;
IniFileB =new TIniFile ("C:\\GCOS\\FTP\\EXE\\ftpbusy.ini" );

double startdate;
int Process;
long diff;
long end;
diff = 0;
String sRightVal;

Process = IniFileB->ReadInteger("Main","Process",10);
startdate = IniFileB->ReadDateTime("Date","DT", Now());

diff = difftime(startdate,time);
delete IniFileB ;

8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by VernonDozier

difftime returns the difference in time in seconds, not minutes, so you would have to divide by 60 to get the number of minutes.

difftime wants two time_t objects:

double difftime ( time_t time2, time_t time1 )[B];[/B]

I don't know what time represents here:

diff = difftime(startdate,time)[B];[/B]

Is time a variable you've declared somewhere? If so, check to make sure time is not a reserved word in C++. You have startdate declared as a double. It needs to be a time_t object according to the spec.

Check out the example in the link I posted. Does your code compile?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.