Hi whom it may concern
How can i write my first java application in windows os?
1)what do I needs to install before start coding?
2)what environment(notepad,wordpad,..)do you offer me to try in?
3)what ever you think may help me to start java programming?

[System.out.println("Thankyou so much");]

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>1)what do I needs to install before start coding?
Java ofcourse http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

>2)what environment(notepad,wordpad,..)do you offer me to try in?
notepad is my preference, later you can get IDE's such as JCreator, Eclipse, NetBeans but that is up to you

>3)what ever you think may help me to start java programming?
Java's own website is good source of tutorials http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ or I did use Java How To Program, 6th edition from Deitel and Deitel

and have funn

commented: good +9

Thanks friend for your reply,
Let me make it more clear:acually I installed the JDK 6u1 from sun.com, but unfortunatley my programm isn't compile and run.
what did I do?
1)[public class test]
[ { ]
[ public static void main(String args[]) ]
[ { ]
[ System.out.print("hello world"); ]
[ } ]
[ } ]
2)save this file with java extension(test.java) in desktop
3)use [javac test.java] for compile in cmd and desktop root
but no thing happend so?

When posting a code please use the hash sign "#" in the toolbar above new post to insert code into post.

There is no problem with your code and it doesn't matter where you save your file...

>3)use [javac test.java] for compile in cmd and desktop root but no thing happend so?

Something must happend !
Either you recive an error that system doesn't recognice javac command or error in code while compiling
OR
program was compiled without problem and new file with "class" extension and same name as "java" file been created in same location. Then you can process to executing your program.
So for example if your command for compiling looks something like this C:\>javac Hello.java return will be C:\> . Then you execute program as follows C:\>java Hello

rather disturbingly though he named his class "test" rather than "Test" and forgot to use a proper package structure (the latter can be excused as it's often omitted from beginners' tutorials, a serious omission).

It should still compile though, leading to a file test.class next to the file test.java which should contain the source code (of course if no such sourcefile exists the compiler would immediately complain).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.