Hi all,
I have ms office2003 installed on my machine. Therefore I use Excel 11. I have excel export button which worked perfectly well before I installed VS2008 SP1 . After the installation I'm getting exception from my excel export button saying "
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"

I delete and reinstall the Reference with Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel which directs to the correct Excel dll which is vers 11. No matter what I do I cannot make my Excel button to function again.
Thanks for any help and idea in advance
snky

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

attach your project

attached please find the rather shaved off version of the project. The point where exception takes place has got nothing to do with the flow of the program. If you don't hit excel button things go smoothly, so was excel button prior to SP1 updating.
snky

This is Turkish damn it :)
Let's do it Turkish way then, incorporating some ego in it. Private message Scott(sknake) and tell him that Serkan refered you to him to help this out.
i will take a look at it too, but currently i am too busy.

For those who are interested, I solved the problem.
The solution is in the app.config file. I don't know how version 12 got there. The only thing I did was install SP1. Apparently this has updated the app.config file and changed the version of Excel and office. So no matter what you do it does not update it back to version 11. I mean I deleted and updated the new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel in the References but nothing had changed. Therefore I manually updated app.config file as the last resort. So below how it looks;

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel" publicKeyToken="71E9BCE111E9429C" culture="neutral"/>
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-12.0.0.0" newVersion="11.0.0.0"/>

snky

Hey serkan :) I would offer to help but it looks he doesn't need it

Please mark this thread as solved if you have found an answer to your question and good luck!

You could always flag your own post so the mods will review it :)

why would i do that :) at least this way it takes some time for them to catch it, and in the meanwhile i reach some people like you .

Also mark this thread as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.