Hello all,
One of my application used following code which is developed in java 1.2.2 but now we are migrating this application to java se 6 where the following code is depracted.

sun.misc.HexDumpEncoder.encodeBuffer

Can any one guide for the above code replacement in java se 6

Thanks & Regards,

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi msalahu, you could try compiling the source code from the command line and add the "deprecation" switch, which will show you a description of members/classes that have been used and have been deprecated. Then you ought to refer to the appropriate class documentation for what part of the API you should use as a replacement. E.G.

javac [I]ClassName[/I].java -deprecation

I hope this helps!

hi,
i compiled the code with ur mentioned switch only then i got the deprecation message.
I am unable to get this code replacement in java se 6 API
kinldy help if u know any such class/function
Thanks

Hi msalahu, you could try compiling the source code from the command line and add the "deprecation" switch, which will show you a description of members/classes that have been used and have been deprecated. Then you ought to refer to the appropriate class documentation for what part of the API you should use as a replacement. E.G.

javac [I]ClassName[/I].java -deprecation

I hope this helps!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.