Ok, this is not going to be a hugely helpful post because I am completely new to any form of programming and so don't know anything really.

I am not sure if the application is in C# or vb.net so I have posted in both forums.

Essentially I have a completed program which is linked to at the end of the post.
I need to get this program back to a stage where I can edit it easily.

Can somebody please tell me what I need to do to get the program to a stage where I can edit it and what I then need to edit it.

Program Download

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If a program is written in any .net language it can be decompiled via reflecton, most commonly the free tool from reg gate the dotnet reflector.

but, I don't think anyone here is interesting in helping rip off the work of a fellow programmer, also, I checked. that program is obfuscated, So it cannot simply be decompiled with the reflector.

You cannot edit this application coz the files you have are the binary files and not the source code.
You need to get the Source Code first. If you think the source code is in VB or C#, you need to install Visual Studio, Visual Studio Express. I think you can download a free version from the Microsoft website.

It wouldn't download for me... I didn't see a link to dload after I clicked on the link in the post.

It wouldn't download for me... I didn't see a link to dload after I clicked on the link in the post.

Its rapidshare, its an awful Idea. a website that anyone can host files on, but you have to wait for a minute countdown on the page after clicking a button, before it gives you the option to download the files. just another silly business Idea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.