Wondering if someone can help me. I've been working on a form in VS2003 and trying to enable text boxes on that form to accept input to populate columns in an existing SQL server. I'm trying to perform the task entirely through the IDE (is it possible?), since my C# experience is minimal - though I am comfortable with SQL. So far, I've been able to get my SQL server in Data Connections and have been able to interact with my database using DataBindings, however, I'm sure I've just wasted time going the databindings route and am looking for the proper actions to take to associate my text field with my database columns.

This is a matter of preference. In the beginning you should probably use a typed dataset and databinding to handle your data. This task is possible entirely through the IDE if your SQL tables have already been created, if not then you need to create your tables first.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.