Hi

I am trying to embed an excel document into my application because I want to open it in excel and copy it to a new workbook. How do I embed the excel file? I'm betting I have to convert it to a resource, but I don't know how to do that. I tried researching, but it looks very complex and I am new to this.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Why are you embedding excel document as a resource element? Show us your code work.

I am building an Excel Add-In that allows a user to generate forms. Rather then transcode the existing template I have into code and having the computer execute it each time to create a template, I wanted to just copy the excel worksheet into a new document and fill specific cells with data. Is there a better way to do this?

Thank you for your replying!

Looks like good software, but not quite what I need. More specifically, the Add-In I'm developing is for the sport of kayaking. The forms we already have are completely customized. Do you know another way to do what I need? The other way i thought of was to install the files separately from the add-in and then have the add-in reference the files.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.