hi Guyz...
need some help here...
i want to input an integer but it can be either in hexadecimal form or in integer form.
the problem is that i would like to store that input in that particular form and separate all hexadecimal values in to an array.

for ex: if input is 0x3ff24e, then i want to create an array that stores the values 3,f,f,2,4,e in a an array of 6 variables.

now the problem is, as soon as i input the above number it gets converted into decimal form and hence i am unable to create an array of hexadecimal values??
so can someone please guide...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Look at your other post. And don't double post. Be patience.

hi Guyz...
need some help here...
i want to input an integer but it can be either in hexadecimal form or in integer form.
the problem is that i would like to store that input in that particular form and separate all hexadecimal values in to an array.

for ex: if input is 0x3ff24e, then i want to create an array that stores the values 3,f,f,2,4,e in a an array of 6 variables.

now the problem is, as soon as i input the above number it gets converted into decimal form and hence i am unable to create an array of hexadecimal values??
so can someone please guide...

use a char * or string to read user input

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.