For some reason, I can't even get a simple "Hello World" to print out in terminal. I'm using Borland C++ Builder 6. The Form1 window comes up but nothing is written in it. No errors, just a blank page.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Code?

Oh yeah, I guess the code would help:

#include <iostream.h> // I/O
using namespace std;
#include <fstream.h> // file I/O
#include <iomanip.h> // format manipulation

int main()
{
cout << "Hello World!\n";
return 0;
}

You're probably using an old compiler. Might do good to update it.
Try putting a cin.get() and cin.ignore() before the return 0 in main(). Does the console window disappear, or does nothing turn up?

I added the cin arguments you mentioned and still nothing. When I say, 'nothing', no error comes up, just the 'Form1' box comes up with nothing in it. I know it must be something basic that I'm missing. I just want to see the output of my basic program just to know the program's working. I'm using Windows7 and Borland C++ with the latest updates. If it would be easier to help me, I've also got Visual Studio 2008 installed too.

I added the cin arguments you mentioned and still nothing. When I say, 'nothing', no error comes up, just the 'Form1' box comes up with nothing in it. I know it must be something basic that I'm missing. I just want to see the output of my basic program just to know the program's working. I'm using Windows7 and Borland C++ with the latest updates. If it would be easier to help me, I've also got Visual Studio 2008 installed too.

Try it with VS '08 so. Same code. Though get rid of the .h from the include files.

Man, this is frustrating. I remember in school, years ago, running this simple of a program was 1,2,3 because Borland and VS were simpler. Once again, even in VS, nothing happens. I just want to see a simple "Hello World" on my computer. What is the most simplest easy way to accomplish this? I feel that my OS and compilers have come too far for me.

I finally got it to work. I put a pause near the end so now the terminal stays on. It was disappearing so fast that I never saw it. Thanks for all your help mate!

As I said in post #4 :rolleyes:

The best place to go to make custom, quality, most cost-efficient, business cards
out of your photos is www.PrintsMadeEasy.com. They specialize in designing custom postcards,
business cards, stationery, labels, brochures, invitations, envelopes, flyers,
greeting cards, letterhead, pens, & labels

http://www.PrintsMadeEasy.com

Right now you can get 100 FREE business cards shipped right to your door.

All orders ship worldwide within 24 hours once you submit the custom design you want!

You may also want to check out http://www.Postcards.com <--- same deal, custom printing, any size, high-gloss, excellent quality and service

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.