hi.. im a freshmen IT student.. we hav a problem with my group here.. create a program that will output number to its equivalent word maximum number is 9000.. can sumbody help me using c++ 3.0... thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I am required to write a program for Movie Rental Store. The basic idea is that user/reader will provide customer information, movie name, and number of days. Upon this information your program will calculate the charged amount for that movie. Detailed Description:

1. The program should display

Please provide customer Name:
Please provide Movie Description.
Enter ‘R’ for Regular Movie.
Enter ‘C’ for children Movie.
Enter ‘N’ for New Released Movie.
Enter ‘E’ for English Movie.

Then your program should take these inputs,

2. Depending upon the choices that user has entered, your program will further display the prompt

3. If user has entered Movie description, then your program should prompt the user to enter the Movie Name and Number of days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Name :
Number of day’s:

4. After getting all this information, now write a function which will calculate rental/charged amount on the basis of this information.

To calculate rental/charged amount we will use this formula:
Rental amount = charged amount * number of days

Charged amount will be different for different movies according to following description:

Regular Movie: 40 RS
Children Movie: 30 RS
English Movie: 50 RS
New release: 100 RS

After calculating charged amount for this movie and display it on the screen.

Sample Output

Please provide customer Name: Aftab

Please provide Movie Description:
Enter ‘R’ for Regular Movie:
Enter ‘C’ for children Movie:
Enter ‘N’ for New Released Movie:
Enter ‘E’ for English Movie:

R

Please provide following information:
Movie Name : Jinnah
Number of day’s: 3

Final output:

Customer Name: Aftab
Movie Type : Regular
Movie Name : Jinah
Number of day’s: 3
Your Rental Amount is: 120 Rs

commented: No effort, plus don't hijack other peoples' threads. -2

Both of you, if you are completely clueless, ask your teacher. This is not a school or college, this is a discussion community where we are supposed to help. You'd better start your program somewhere and ask us when you get stuck. We cant help if you're stuck on the very first line :/

Both of you, if you are completely clueless, ask your teacher. This is not a school or college, this is a discussion community where we are supposed to help. You'd better start your program somewhere and ask us when you get stuck. We cant help if you're stuck on the very first line :/

hi.. just want to answer wat u told me.. our skul is not just a skul.. our prof. wont provide anything in terms of final requirement.. its all up to us.. im not asking u to give d program to me.. im just asking for idead.. got it??

hi.. just want to answer wat u told me.. our skul is not just a skul.. our prof. wont provide anything in terms of final requirement.. its all up to us.. im not asking u to give d program to me.. im just asking for idead.. got it??

Looks like your thread got hijacked by someone else in post 2. I assume that post has nothing to do with you?

If you want help, people here tend to ignore posts with words like "wat", "skul", "u", "d", etc. That's fine when you're instant messaging, but not here. You need to write a short paragraph stating the problem and a specific question, plus your attempt at it, to get help. Proofread the post before submitting.

That said, here's a start. You need to accept input for a number, check to make sure it's in the appropriate range, and if not, ask for another number. When you get good input, you need to figure out how many digits there are and go through a loop that isolates each digit. For each digit, you need to change "4" to "four" or whatever, then add "hundred", "thousand", or whatever, based on the place value.

That should get you started. Give it a try, mark this thread solved, then if you get stuck, start a NEW thread, keeping in mind what I posted earlier in THIS thread. Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.