How do I connect, wirelessly, to a localhost on another PC? I have not problem with "jdbc:mysql//localhost/databasename" but I can't figure out on another PC, named "PC2".

Thank you.

I haven't had anyone respond to my problems and was wondering why?

Is the question ambiguous?

Is the problem unsolvable? I don't think so but don't know.

Is the answer so obvious now on wants to bother? It's not to me, a newbie in this stuff.

Appreciate some help!

Thanks..

Yes it is ambiguous...

What you mean by wirelessly? Through wireless network in home/office or through mobile network as communication between server and mobile device?

Access to DB is as you indicated through the connection string in first post, but you should provide a servlet that will receive request for DB communication, process it and return respond back to "caller". Or have you had something else on your mind?

Thanks for the response. I guess I'm such a newbie that I don't understand some of your response. What is a "servlet." How do create it.

First, this is for a home network. The Database URL that was in my first message works great on the PC I'm developing on, where the database currently resides. However, I would like to connect to a database on another PC (named Desktop). How do I modify the Database URL to access the database on "Desktop?"

Have I helped myself? Did I make my quest any clearer?

Thanks again.

I guess I'm still at a loss why I'm not getting a response to my query?

Greatly appreciate some help. Again, if I'm expressing the problem clearly, give me some guidence. I'll try to do better.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.