Hi,

I searched for few days, and even if I see that there are people getting this error, I can't find a solution.

I have an application communicating over the serial port. The application is written in VB6 and 2 PCs, one with XP, the other one with Vista.

If I connect using the native serial port I get no error at all.
If I use the USB to serial adapter on XP, again I get no error.
If I use the bluetooth on XP I get error 8020
If I use the USB to serial adapter in Vista I get error 8020

I use as well a delphi aplication to communicate with the same device. It will work with no problem on both PC, on either connection.

I hope that I can find a solution to my problem.

Kind regards,

Gabsi

On XP
data out USB to serial adapter,

Edited by gabsi: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gabsi

Quick update.
I solved the problem with bluetooth. Installed different driver and it worked on both XP and Vista.

The only problem I have now is the prolific USB to serial adaptor on Vista.
I've tried a different adaptor on Vista and it was OK.

Hi,

I searched for few days, and even if I see that there are people getting this error, I can't find a solution.

I have an application communicating over the serial port. The application is written in VB6 and 2 PCs, one with XP, the other one with Vista.

If I connect using the native serial port I get no error at all.
If I use the USB to serial adapter on XP, again I get no error.
If I use the bluetooth on XP I get error 8020
If I use the USB to serial adapter in Vista I get error 8020

I use as well a delphi aplication to communicate with the same device. It will work with no problem on both PC, on either connection.

I hope that I can find a solution to my problem.

Kind regards,

Gabsi

On XP
data out USB to serial adapter,

I experienced the same kind of problem with a serial --> USB adapter. Still not found a complete solution but apparently it seems the error is coming when too many data are coming from the remote PC

Hi gabsi,
I'm having the same problem with vb6 application, vista and
the prolific adapter(usb->232), what adapter are you using now?
i tried downloading the last version of the driver but cant make it work..still getting error 8020
please help!!

Quick update.
I solved the problem with bluetooth. Installed different driver and it worked on both XP and Vista.

The only problem I have now is the prolific USB to serial adaptor on Vista.
I've tried a different adaptor on Vista and it was OK.

Hi,

Vista and VB6 worked using a different USB to serial adaptor. FTDI adaptor with USB2SER drivers.
For blue tooth I used an older driver for Blue Soleil. Version 6 didn't work.

Regards,

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.