Hi all,
can anyone point me to an offline MINGW installer?
I want to fiddle with Eclipse CDT to see how it is doing compared to CodeBlocks. Also offline question: Does Aptana support C++ programming? It is based on eclipse and is found here www.aptana.com

Ahsante sana [Thanks a lot]

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I mean, istaller that will need to download nothing from Net
I cannot see such stuff in the link. am I missing something?

I mean, istaller that will need to download nothing from Net
I cannot see such stuff in the link. am I missing something?

Apologies, I meant that you could go to the sourceforge page and download the .tar.gz files and then install them by hand using their instructions on that page. Unfortunately, when you click on the sourceforge link on the page I gave you, it defaults to having the Installer versions expanded, but if you scroll down another inch or two you can expand either GCC Version 3 or 4 (depending on which one you are using currently) and get the .tar.gz(s). Then the instructions should be appropriate to those files and you shouldn't have to do any further downloading (you can grab all the packages for C++, etc. so you can install those offline too).

Good luck with it. Hope this is what you were looking for.

thanks sir.
It means the guys haven't made installer, very sad for such great tool :(

Well, I remember I ran into a problem when I needed to install MinGW on a machine with no Internet Connection.
So here is what I did: I downloaded the Codeblocks setup from the website: the one which is of nearly 20MB ( that comes along with MinGW). I installed codeblocks (thus installing MinGW)

Well, I remember I ran into a problem when I needed to install MinGW on a machine with no Internet Connection.
So here is what I did: I downloaded the Codeblocks setup from the website: the one which is of nearly 20MB ( that comes along with MinGW). I installed codeblocks (thus installing MinGW)

I have it,
should I install it and then copy MINGW and uninstall it? Will that work?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.