I have a program with multiple JAR files. I need to edit only 1 class in only 1 jar file. I've decompiled them to *.java files, edited, but I can't recompile them. I tried javac name.class but I get a ton of errors.

any help?

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Mareshal
Featured Replies
    Ezzaral 2,714   7 Years Ago

Well, evidently you it's something that you [U]cannot[/U] do because you are here asking how to do it. I'd say you lost the bet. Read More

Come on. I am student 3rd degree, at a programming university.

Let me tell you the entire story. Today, at our java lab, our teacher told us is almost impossible to modify a jar executable. And I told him I can do this until tomorrow. The java program I've decompiled is a simple text editor, and my task is ONLY to change the top menu and pack it back. This is why I need some advices.

I don't want to hack any program. Yes, source code is not mine, the teacher gave it to me. This could be my best chance to get a 10 at java lab, and I really need it.

Now can you help me?

Help you to cheat......NO. My theory here is that your tutor gave you the .class files to see how a program works, and you are then meant to write the code yourself. You will not learn java by decompiling .class files and submitting them as your project. Forgive me if I am wrong here, but I have seen this stunt before...

Edited by majestic0110: n/a

Why you people don't understand? IS JUST A SIMPLE BET WITH MY TEACHER. If I can modify his java text editor somehow, anything, a simple char, I can get a 10 for that lab. Does it mean I cheat if I prove him I can do something he can't?

Well, evidently you it's something that you cannot do because you are here asking how to do it. I'd say you lost the bet.

I'm not arguing with you, or saying that I do or do not believe you, but reverse engineering software is not something we typically help with here.

Edited by BestJewSinceJC: n/a

You don't help because you don't know. Hehe, I've recompiled the program ;) . thank you people, FOR NOTHING. And...I won the bet.

And a good programmer should know reverse enginering, otherwise he can't protect his programs :)

Edited by Mareshal: n/a

Votes + Comments
No need to be rude. We are not here to be insulted from the likes of you;

Why you people don't understand? IS JUST A SIMPLE BET WITH MY TEACHER. If I can modify his java text editor somehow, anything, a simple char, I can get a 10 for that lab. Does it mean I cheat if I prove him I can do something he can't?

You made the bet with your teacher not we. If you want to win the bet then do what you promised:

And I told him I can do this until tomorrow

What should we help you for a bet?
If you had a problem with an assignment we would have helped since this is the purpose of this forum

Edited by javaAddict: n/a

You don't help because you don't know.

You are right, all the trained professionals here don't know how to recompile and you, a student, do.

Hehe, I've recompiled the program ;) . And...I won the bet.

Good for you. I hope you did it on your own without any help and you won the bet fair and square.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.