Hi guys. I am having a bit of trouble with the listview control at the moment. I am trying to change the position of an item in the listview but I have no idea how to do so. I am also trying to set a command button which can "click" a certain item for the user, ie, the item will get highlighted and selected as if it has been clicked directly by the mouse. At the moment I am only able to set .SelectedItem property to the item I want to "click" and make it visible by using .SelectedItem.EnsureVisible, but I don't know how to highlight it, which means there is no indication on the interface to show the user that the item is selected. Please give me a hand. Thank you

Hi guys. I am having a bit of trouble with the listview control at the moment. I am trying to change the position of an item in the listview but I have no idea how to do so.

is the list is being generated from a database? if so then you could have an extra column in the table containing the items called "order". then query the database to retrieve the list items but order them by the "order"

Select * from items
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.