Hi all,

I am new to VB. i want to know how to connect to a remote server and run three batch files with some arguments, over there.
E.g.
machine Ip Address:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
username:test
password:test
I have to connect to the machine name and run the batch files.

Please suggest a method.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Connecting to the server is not the problem but when you do, any batch files will be run against the connecting computer and not against the server. To have the batch files run in the servers processes, you need to have the program reside on the server...

Good Luck

yeah i have the batch files in the Server itself. But they need some arguments to be run. (E.g. C:\abc.bat Argument). So please guide me, how to open the Remote machine and run the scripts.

Let me reiterate, if you want the bat file to run in the servers process you will need to run it from the server, which means you will have to have a program on the server to shell the bat file. So, what you will need to do is to create a program that can recieve instructions from your remote program.

Search, using your friends (yahoo, google, ask, answers, bing) for winsock. There are lots of examples out there.

Once you have that down, the rest should be easy.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.