Hey guys,

Does any of you have a clue how can I install the sqlite3 library on my computer?

I'm using netbeans for building my application which now needs to handle a database.

I already tried to compile the sqlite3 source code but the make command ends into a huge number of warnings ( and yes I'm sure that I have make installed).

I also came across ruby and rails which I have no idea what they are and if i need them!

If anyone has used sqlite in a C++ application and can give me the hints of making it work I would be really grateful...

Thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The warnings don't really matter, there are usually a few warnings in every application, its the errors that matter.
Ruby is a scripting language and Rails is a web development library that is used with ruby

The warnings don't really matter, there are usually a few warnings in every application, its the errors that matter.
Ruby is a scripting language and Rails is a web development library that is used with ruby

Wong! Most warnings are really errors. If you don't fix them then you are setting yourself up for a lot of headaches. Depending on the compiler there may be a few warnings that can be safely ignored, but making a blanket statement like you did is just plain dangerous.

Eliza: Here is an example of using SqlIte on Windows.

Wong! Most warnings are really errors. If you don't fix them then you are setting yourself up for a lot of headaches. Depending on the compiler there may be a few warnings that can be safely ignored, but making a blanket statement like you did is just plain dangerous.

You took my post out of context, I was referring to him building sqlite unless he actually meant building an app using the sqlite library which would be misleading because hes asking how to setup up sqlite. Unless he is a sqlite developer then he would have a hard time fixing any of the warnings in it. Obviously if he was building his own app, you would be correct.

The problem with make is that it only allows me to run make once, I get the warnings and then it doesn't let me run make again, not even with another command on the side!!

I'm using windows vista, I don't know if this is the problem.

I downloaded the source and put it in the same folder with a test program, I then tried to compile the whole thing and ended up with an undefined reference error for each method I used in the code (i.e. "undefined reference to `_sqlite3_open' ")

I also include the code that tests whether the library is included correctly.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include "sqlite3.h"

sqlite3* db;
char* db_err;

int main(int argc, char** argv) {

db_err="AircraftTransponder";

sqlite3_open(db_err, &db);
    sqlite3_exec(db,"create table 'HelloWorld'(id integer);", NULL, 0, &db_err);
    sqlite3_close(db);
    return (EXIT_SUCCESS);
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.