Dear everybody

I really need your help!!

I have made a small application in Visual Basic 2008 Express. It's a small form application with a Database connected to the project. (made from the wizard in VB express)

My problem is that when I deploy my application i can't find the mdf file where the data of the application i stored. I have found a mdf file which i have tryed to connect to through excel but this data is not the same as in my application.

What am i doing wrong??

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>I have found a mdf file which i have tryed to connect to through excel but this data is not the same as in my application.

You wouldn't normally deploy sql server with an application, you normally have sql server running on a dedicated windows server on the network and clients connect to it, otherwise you have no single database for the company - each user has their own database, which doesn't make sense.

Have a look at http://en.csharp-online.net/Deploying_Windows_Applications%E2%80%94Prerequisites

Dear adatapost

Thank you for your kind reply - my problem is that when working on the Express edition of VS you can only work with local databases in win form apps.
But i actually managed to find the mdf file at connect it to the SQL server management studio. It was located under - program files\apps\2.0\ect ect
But thank you for helping me anyway...

Kind regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.