I have got a problem with the layouts. I am creating a Grouplayout for my JLabels / Buttons etc in a window .. Then I am adding a Jtable using the JFileChooser for which I am specifying GridBagLayout and then adding the layout to Jframe again after JFilechooser creates a JTable calling the Table creation function. Also one more problem is that for once the JfileChooser creates the JTable fine but when the I choose another file with file chooser the First JTable doesn't refresh and the second JTable just distorts the format. How do I refresh the JTable after I select the other file ?

All formats work fine the way I am doing now but when I click to maximize the window the whole JTable Layout is gone or lost somewhere ! Sometimes something mistereous like JTable appears when I click on the Window.

I have a separate GroupLayout for the rest of the JButtons / JLabels / Jcomboboxes... in my window which I add to the Jframe (fr) here. I create a GroupLayout like below for the rest of stuff like this:-

javax.swing.GroupLayout layout = new javax.swing.GroupLayout(panel); // rest of the stuff in my window except Jtable.

I just keep a space in my window to accomodate JTable and then set the layout using GridBagLayout in my JFileChooser code.

Then I add separate GridBagLayout for my JTable.

Here is my JFileChooser code where I am creating a layout for my JTable.

new ActionListener() {
           public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {
               JFileChooser fileChooser = new JFileChooser(".");
               int status = fileChooser.showOpenDialog(fr);
             if (status == JFileChooser.APPROVE_OPTION) {
                File file = fileChooser.getSelectedFile();
                //JTable table = new JTable();
                scroll = new JScrollPane(getTable());

fr.setLayout(new GridBagLayout());
                GridBagConstraints c = new GridBagConstraints();
                boolean shouldFill = true;
                if (shouldFill) {
		//natural height, maximum width
		c.fill = GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL;
                c.fill = GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL;
                c.ipady = -305;      //make this component tall
                c.weightx = 0.0;
                c.gridwidth = 0;
                c.gridx = 0;
                c.gridy = 0;
                fr.add(scroll, c);

} else if (status == JFileChooser.CANCEL_OPTION) {

I know the problem is happening because I am mixing the GridBaglayout with the GroupLayout. The problem is that I am not able to figure out I can create a layout for my JTable which I create using JFile Chooser ?

Is there any way I can deal with this problem so that my layouts work even if I minimize or maximize my windows

Thanks in advance

You don't need to re-create all of those things when you pick another file for the table. Just create a new table model from that file and use setModel() to set the JTable to the new model. There is no reason to discard the GUI components themselves.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.