Plz help me. I am unable to understand this problem statement. Can Plz someone help me?

Problem Statement: File Handling in C/C++
On the basis of the given scenario create a file Expenses.txt, Open the file and copy into another Expenses2.txt, Also show output on screen
A college has announced the total budget of 50,000Rs.for each game. Games are done four times in a year. Take expenses as an input from user.
Calculate the average expenses for a game:

1. If the expenses greater than 80% show as” Very Expensive”.
2. If the expenses are greater than 60% and less than 80% than show “Expensive ”
3. If the expenses are greater than 50% and less than 60% than show “Less Expensive ”
4. If the expenses are greater than 40% and less than 50% than show “Not Costly”.
5. If the expenses are less than 40% than show “Best”.

Wow that is one crazy problem and and be probably interpreted a few different ways.

The way I read it is
1) get 4 expense values from the user ( because they have 4 games a year)

2) get the average of the 4 expenses ( so add the for values you got and divide by 4)

3) write the 4 expenses into a text file Expenses.txt ( basically a test to see if you can write to a file)

4) copy the data in that text file you just wrote into another text file Expenses2.txt ( basically a test to see if you can copy from a file )

5) check to see the % of the average of expenses typed by the user in comparison to the money given for 1 game. (so 50,000/(average expense)

6) then use that % and print to the console:
1. If the expenses greater than 80% show as” Very Expensive”.
2. If the expenses are greater than 60% and less than 80% than show “Expensive ”
3. If the expenses are greater than 50% and less than 60% than show “Less Expensive ”
4. If the expenses are greater than 40% and less than 50% than show “Not Costly”.
5. If the expenses are less than 40% than show “Best”.

Depending on the % you got

That's what I got from reading the problem, but I would double check with your professor to see if that is what they want. And ask them if they could rewrite their assignments so that they are more easily understood. I would hate to take a final exam where all the questions were written out like that looooooool!

Edited 7 Years Ago by ScottieF: n/a

Thanks thats was quite helping for me. You are really good. It was very difficult statement to understand but you made it clear. Now i will try to write my code and i will show you on this forum.

If someone have more ideas about this statemnt, so plz share it. I think this is a quite complex problem. So plz share your ideas.

Thank you.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.