Hi everyone, I just downloaded and registered Visual c++ 2008 express edition so that i can learn win32 programming. How do I get started? any help will be very much appreciated(I have been using borland C++ !!)
<<fake signature, click here to make a signature>>

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi everyone, I just downloaded and registered Visual c++ 2008 express edition so that i can learn win32 programming. How do I get started? any help will be very much appreciated(I have been using borland C++ !!)
<<fake signature, click here to make a signature>>

crete CPP file and write following code

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
void main()
{
cout<<"hiii";
}

then press ctrl+F5

omar, I did not say I can not write code , obviously you are a new poster. What I asked for was a documentation on how to program WIN32 applications. Thanks anyway for your 'advice'..

If you want good ol' Win32 this is the stuff http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/ And of course there's Petzold's Programming Windows 5th Ed which is a very very highly regarded text (I've never read it but I'm not much into straight API programming).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.